Grace, 14, signed by Storm Models
- Credit: Grace Van Baaren
A former Little Miss Suffolk has revealed she is "absolutely thrilled" to have been signed by the international modelling agency Storm Models who work with the likes of Michael Bublé, Julianne Moore and Monica Bellucci.
Grace Van Baaren, 14, a student at Culford School, has previously been crowned Little Miss Suffolk and also came third in the Miss Teen UK competition in 2018.
Grace's mum, Sian Van Baaren, said that this is a great opportunity but plans to keep her daughter level headed.
She said: "We are very excited and I think it is a wonderful opportunity for her and I am also very keen that she keeps her feet on the ground and that she doesn’t think that suddenly come 16 she is going to be off to Milan, New York or Paris.
“It has been an amazing journey for her and I think lockdown has provided that focus for her to think right I am really going to go for this.
You may also want to watch:
“We often have to pinch ourselves and think God, that it is really unbelievable."
Alongside her school work Grace, who moved to Great Hockham, Norfolk from London in 2017, also regularly attends photo shoots with her new agency to increase her portfolio and experience.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 6 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 7 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
Grace's dad, Richard Van Baaren, said that since winning the competitions she has seen a lot of interest from modelling agencies.
He added: "Grace grew up a beautiful child and has just been consistently pretty.
"She did a little bit of child modelling when we lived in London but nothing too excessive as we are keen that she gets a good education.
"During lockdown, and now 14, Grace was asked to visit quite a few modelling agencies in London and I often accompanied her.
"Eventually, despite interest from across the board, she decided that she liked the people from Storm Models and signed with them."