Suffolk: Thieves steal 150 Christmas trees
THIEVES have stolen 150 Christmas trees from a forest park close to the Suffolk/Norfolk border.
The theft took place at the High Lodge site at Santon Downham in Thetford Forest.
The trees, which were ready to be sold, were taken sometime overnight between Saturday and yesterday.
Last night it was not clear exactly how the trees were stolen or how many people were involved.
However, police said they were keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Nobody from the Forestry Commission, which manages Thetford Forest, was available to comment on the theft last night.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Suffolk police officers on 01473 613500. Alternatively, they could contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album