Suffolk to show off its best assets
A COUNTYWIDE campaign designed to showcase the best of Suffolk was launched yesterday.
Organised by Choose Suffolk and Suffolk County Council, the two-day Suffolk Big Weekend will take place across Suffolk on June 19 and 20 and will include special offers and free entry to attractions and events.
The idea is to encourage residents to get out and discover everything the county has to offer – from cultural activities, events and attractions, to food and drink.
The Big Weekend campaign, now in its third year, was officially launched at the Greene King brewery in Bury St Edmunds yesterday.
The event brings together an exciting range of tourism providers who are offering thousands of free entrance or attractive money-saving offers specially created for the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Choose Suffolk chief executive Celia Hodson said: “Last year’s Suffolk’s Big Weekend was an enormous success, with a 14% increase in requests for Big Weekend tickets and special offers.
“The number of special offers, ticket giveaways and special events available to the public also increased by a staggering 70% year-on-year. This unique event brings together Suffolk’s premier attractions on one platform and, in the current economic climate, makes discovering Suffolk as a great day out accessible to all. The campaign’s central message is: get out there and have some serious Suffolk fun.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 10 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
Justin Adams, managing director of the Greene King Brewing Company, said: “Suffolk’s Big Weekend packages together all the fantastic facilities and activities on offer throughout the county and encourages people to get out and enjoy what is right here on their doorstep, including the fantastic array of quality food and drink.”
Choose Suffolk tourism manager Alex Paul said the 2010 event would be better than ever, with more partners involved and thousands of tickets available.
“In Suffolk, this is a fantastic opportunity to rediscover the county, explore its diversity and simply get out there and have a great time,” he added.
The weekend has more than 100 tourism operators lined up to give an early taster of places to visit in Suffolk during the summer.