Suffolk: Two bailed following arrests over alleged robbery at Betfred
- Credit: Archant
TWO men arrested in connection with a robbery at an Ipswich bookmakers have been released on police bail.
The two were held following a robbery at Betfred in Felixstowe Road on Thursday afternoon, 25 April. They have been bailed while police make further enquiries into the incident.
A 37-year-old man from Wickham Market was arrested on Friday evening and a 33-year-old from Ipswich was arrested around lunchtime on Saturday.
Both were arrested on suspicion of robbery following the incident at the shop around 4 – 4.15pm on Thursday where two men entered the premises and threatened staff before taking money from behind the counter.
The pair were taken into custody at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where they were interviewed by officers before being bailed to return to police on June 5.
You may also want to watch:
Police are asking anyone who was in the area around the time the robbery occurred, or anyone with any other information that may help enquiries, to contact Ipswich CID on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 9 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth