Suffolk: Two killed in accident horror to be named this week
Two people have been killed and a third has been seriously injured after a crash involving a coach, car and a van near Beccles.
Police, fire and ambulance crews were called to the scene of the accident in Hulver Street, Hulver, near Beccles at 6.52pm.
The two people killed - a man and a woman - were in the car at the time and a third person in the car has been taken to hospital and is in a “serious” condition. The car was badly damaged.
Police today said that those involved were not expected to be named until next week - after formal identification takes place on Monday.
A second man, who is in his sixties was taken to Norfolk and Norwich Hospital with chest injuries where he remains in a serious but stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
There were no passengers on the coach and the driver was unhurt.
Fire engines from Wrentham, Beccles, Lowestoft and emergency rescue tenders from Lowestoft South and Loddon have been attending the scene.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Officers remain on scene and the road is currently closed but diversions have been put in place.
Any witnesses to the collision are asked to call Sgt Paul Ward at the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police Headquarters on 01473 613500.