Suffolk/US: Doors to murder victim Scott Rogers’ immaculate home had been barricaded as he prepared for the end, says sheriff
- Credit: © WBRZ
As suspect Mathew Hodkginson clung to life in a US hospital yesterday the investigation resumed in the apparent murder/suicide pact involving former Suffolk dance teacher Scott Rogers.
Louisiana local TV talk show Mr Rogers, who was known in England at Richard-Scott Rogers in England, died in his home in Baton Rouge last week after sustaining a gunshot would to his head.
Police believe Mr Hodgkinson, 36, is believed to have shot his father-in-law before shooting himself in an attempted suicide.
The pair were said to have been in a relationship, with Mr Hodkinson’s marriage to Kimberly-Ann the daughter of the founder of the former Bury St Edmunds Academy of Dance and Performing Arts’ being described as a “sham”.
Monday was a public holiday in the US. However, yesterday further details emerged about 52-year-old Mr Rogers’ home on the day he died.
Iberville Sheriff Brett Stassi said it appeared Mr Rogers or Mr Hodgkinson – who went to the US as a teenager after meeting him through his dance academy – left the house spotless.
The pair lived with another 36-year-old man who is also thought to have been a former pupil at the Bury St Edmunds academy. However, he left the house before the shootings and has subsequently claimed he and Mr Hodgkinson were abused by Mr Rogers whose life was beginning to unravel in the US after it emerged he had lied to get his immigration status.
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 Norwood holds talks with one of Town's fellow League One rivals
- 3 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 4 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
- 5 See inside stunning £1.85M home with 'fabulous' outside pool and paddocks
- 6 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 7 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 8 Sone Aluko: 'No-one is hiding from the expectation'
- 9 Gameday: 'Great to be back!' Blue Army at Needham give their thoughts
- 10 Hunt continues for group of youths who pushed man to ground and stole bike
Police said the front and back doors of Mr Rogers’ home had been barricaded when they arrived.
Sheriff Stassi added: “Inside it was immaculate. The home showed signs he thought the end was near. I just think he though the end was near and his past had finally caught up with him. He was going to be exposed. I think he thought ‘this is it’.
The sheriff said there was no change in Mr Hodkinson’s condition after a self-inflicted wound to the head.
Police were due to be trawling phone records during yesterday to see who the pair spoke to before the shootings.
Questions are also likely to be raised about 29-year-old Kimberly-Ann’s immigration status.
Sheriff Stassi said: “She is an American citizen. I’m sure the federal people will look at it.”
In 1995 Suffolk County Council put out a warning to parents of 500 pupils of the Bury St Edmunds dance academy over concerns of a religious cult-like atmosphere. This emerged during a child molestation trial in 1993 during which Mr Rogers was acquitted.