Suffolk: Vehicles stolen and used during burglary of barn in Framsden
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
A car and a van have been stolen and used in a burglary in Framsden.
The blue Volvo S80 and white Renault van were stolen from Brome and Otley.
A burglar broke into the house in Nicks Lane in Brome between 10pm on Monday and 1.30am on Tuesday and stolen keys for the Volvo car from inside.
The Renault van was stolen from a business yard in Hall Road, Otley, between 6pm on Monday and 3am on Tuesday.
The car and van were both then driven to Framsden and used in the burglary of a barn in Bastings Hall Lane around 2.40am on Tuesday. The burglars made noise, waking the residents at the nearby property and then fled the scene, leaving the blue Volvo behind.
The white van was driven off from the scene but was later found abandoned in Moss Lane in Westerfield.
The driver of the van is described as a white man who was wearing a dark coloured hooded top and white mask. The passenger was not seen.
- 1 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 2 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 3 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 4 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 5 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 6 'Let's turn this into a fortress' - Town season ticket sales hit 16k
- 7 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 8 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 9 Plans for second village school scrapped in favour of bigger site
- 10 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
Anyone with information relating to this crime should contact PC George Laflin from Stowmarket on 101 quoting ST/14/1740 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.