Morris men, clog dancers and farm machinery display make for ‘fantastic’ Mendlesham Street Fair
- Credit: ZOE RIMMER
A long-running Suffolk village fete has been hailed one of the best yet as guests enjoyed a packed-out schedule of entertainment under the blazing sunshine.
Swarms of people descended on Mendlesham today to attend the 38th annual street fair, which raises money to support good causes in the community.
The itinerary included performances from The Haughley Hoofers clog dancers, East Suffolk Morris Men and Suffolk School of Samba.
A resident also opened up their garden to the public to display bygone farm machinery, and the day was rounded off with a grand draw of prizes.
Sandra Exley, one of the organisers at Mendlesham Community Centre, said it was one the best street fairs on record.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “It went absolutely fantastic, we were busy all day.”
Mrs Exley said money raised on the day would be handed out to clubs in Mendlesham in need of funds.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks