Residents in Long Melford invited to hear neighbourhood plan details
- Credit: JOHN OHLSON
Residents in a picturesque Suffolk village are being invited to attend a meeting to hear details of its neighbourhood plan.
The first draft of the Long Melford Neighbourhood Plan is progressing and 75% of villagers responded to the household survey to give their views on the village and its infrastructure.
Details on policies and proposals for housing, traffic and parking, village services and facilities, business and tourism, and sites for future development will be outlined at a meeting at the village hall.
Neighbourhood plans are detailed documents which authorities such as Babergh District and Suffolk County councils have to take account of by law.
It is not a legal requirement but a right which communities can choose to use.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will take place at Long Melford Village Hall on Monday, October 29, from 7pm-9pm and all residents are welcome.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 9 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
- 10 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues