Local elections 2019: Where to find your polling station and what time you have until for voting
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Polling in today’s 2019 local elections is well underway across Suffolk – and there’s still time to vote if you haven’t already.
Registered voters can cast their vote for Ipswich, Babergh, Mid Suffolk, East Suffolk and West Suffolk councils today, with the polling stations open from 7am until 10pm tonight.
For those who have registered to vote and are eligible, a polling card should have already been delivered to your home which will have the details of your nearest polling station.
You don’t need to take your polling card with you, but it makes it quicker if you do.
For those who are not clear on where their polling station is, the Your Vote Matters website has a handy tool which can steer you in the right direction – all you need is your postcode.
It will tell you which ward your address is in, who is standing and which polling station you need to visit.
You may also want to watch:
For those who are still not sure on who to vote for, we’ve put together complete lists of candidates.
Full candidate list – Ipswich Borough CouncilFull candidate list – Babergh District CouncilFull candidate list – Mid Suffolk District CouncilFull candidate list – East Suffolk CouncilFull candidate list – West Suffolk CouncilTo get an idea of what some of the key issues in your district are, take a look at our preview profiles for what to keep an eye out for and what might change:
Full preview – Ipswich Borough CouncilFull preview – Babergh District CouncilFull preview – Mid Suffolk District CouncilFull preview – East Suffolk CouncilFull preview – West Suffolk CouncilKeep up to date with all of the election coverage on the EADT and Ipswich Star websites, as well as our social media channels.
We’ll have live updates from reporters at tonight’s counts from 10.30pm, with further coverage from 10am tomorrow for the rest of the Suffolk counts.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
See the websites later tomorrow and Saturday’s EADT for full analysis.