Firefighters tackle blaze in bungalow loft
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters are tackling a blaze in the loft space of a bungalow in Newmarket.
The emergency services were initially called to the property, in Suffolk Way, shortly after 12.30pm today.
There were reports of a fire in a single-storey home on the road.
Three pumps were dispatched to the scene, two from Newmarket and one from Bury St Edmunds.
Firefighters arrived to find a 15x20m loft space in the property well alight and are using ladders and hoses to fight the fire.
You may also want to watch:
They removed some of the roofing tiles in order to make the area safe and as of 2.19pm they managed to extinguish the flames.
It is understood that everyone in the house has been accounted for.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found