Dry, bright, chilly start to 2018 – turning windy by evening
- Credit: Archant
Met Office weather forecasters are predicting a chilly start to 2018, with sunshine and blustery showers for many.
Our region will be mostly dry and bright, but with a chance of rain in southern parts.
Cloud is likely to thicken for a time in the south, perhaps bringing some rain briefly during the middle of the day, especially across Essex, then clearing to by dusk, with maximum temperatures 7C.
Tonight will quickly become windy with scattered showers after dark, but most of the showers should disappear by late evening onwards, and winds will ease later in the night.
Tuesday morning looks dry and bright. Cloud will thicken from the west later, with wind and rain arriving before midday, clearing by dusk.
You may also want to watch:
The outlook for Wednesday to Friday is windy and bright, with heavy showers Wednesday and lighter winds later.
A dry Thursday morning will turn wet and windy later.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 8 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 9 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 10 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
Friday begins frostily, with a dry, bright morning to follow, but showers later.