Gloomy Sunday as cloud and rain likely throughout
- Credit: Archant
A break in the cloudless sunshine and heat looks set to continue – at least for today – as cloud and rain cover the skies of Suffolk.
Forecasters predict a 90% chance of heavy rain between noon and 2pm – with downpours intermittently scattered throughout the day.
Southerly winds will become strong – and gusty over exposed areas – but the air will feel quite humid, despite maximum temperatures reaching a relatively low 21C compared to recent highs.
Tonight will become drier, with winds moderating and showers easing.
Occasional sunshine and developing showers are on the way tomorrow morning, with warm sunny spells and isolated showers during the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Then come thundery showers early on Tuesday, becoming mainly dry, often sunny, with isolated showers and warm afternoon temperatures.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain