Summer finally arrives in Suffolk this weekend – but prepare for storms next week
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk looks set to bask in warm weather this weekend.
A cloudy start to Saturday will break up to make way for sunnier skies and warm temperatures - getting up to 24C in the west of the county.
Coastal areas are likely to be cooler, thanks to a light onshore breeze.
Temperatures get reach as high as 27C on Sunday.
Met Office weather warnings for thunder and sudden rain showers are in place for Monday and Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
A yellow weather warning is in place in Suffolk and Essex for 48 hours from Monday.
The warning means a chance of power cuts to homes and businesses, as well as a chance of flash flooding and road closures.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 8 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 9 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 10 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300