Will you be heading for the beach this weekend?
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk’s weather is taking a turn for the better at last – with temperatures set to be on the rise again.
The weathermen say summer is returning this weekend after the drab and dreary past couple of weeks with the murk disappearing and bright sunshine on the cards.
It looks set to be the weekend to head back to the beach and the region’s seasides, parks and gardens, and attractions which have been able to reopen with Covid-19 restrictions are expecting to be busy.
At the coast, arcades and funfairs are now allowed to open, and kiosks, cafes and pubs are all anticipating visitors and good business.
Forecasters say today should see some long sunny spells with temperatures up to around 19C, possibly even 20C inland.
You may also want to watch:
The wind which has wrecked the past couple of weekends is down to single figures mph.
Tomorrow the weather will be even better – with temperatures up around 22C and 23C with hardly any wind – and the fine conditions will carry on into Monday with similar temperatures.
- 1 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 3 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 7 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 8 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 9 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon