Coldest April night for six years as temperatures drop to -4.3C overnight
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Temperatures in Suffolk dropped to well below freezing again overnight – making it the coldest April night for six years.
Santon Downham, near Thetford, recorded one of the lowest overnight temperatures in the region on Friday through to Saturday of -4.3C.
Dan Holley, from East Anglian-based forecaster Weatherquest, said that made it the coldest April night recorded since 2013.
It has been typical of temperatures in the area throughout the week as frosts continue to bite in the region, with many early morning commuters forced to de-ice their cars.
But as has been the case throughout the week, temperatures are set to rise during the day to highs of about 7C on the coast and 9C inland, according to Weatherquest.
You may also want to watch:
Forecasters also said wind speeds for today are likely to be light to moderate.
Mr Holley added: “Another frost likely tonight, then gradually turning warmer through next week.”
- 1 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 5 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 6 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 7 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 8 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 10 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
Tibenham Airfield near Diss also recorded temperatures of -1.7C.