Could we see the hottest day of the year in Suffolk this week?
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Temperatures in Suffolk are set to soar again this week – with Friday and Saturday potentially among the hottest days of the year so far.
It hit 31C in areas of Suffolk on Friday, July 31. However, it could get even warmer as the heat gradually builds to a spell of four days with temperatures in the low 30s.
Weatherquest meteorologist Adam Dury said: “Tuesday there will be sun but we might see some clouds in the afternoon and temperatures getting up to 22 or 23C.
“Wednesday will also stay dry getting up to 25 and 26C then on Thursday we will begin to see the temperatures start to hit the low 30s again with 29 to 30C predicted for the afternoon.
“On Friday there will be long spells of sunshine reaching up to 33C in some parts of the area, before Saturday where it is predicted to reach up to 33 or 34C in the west of the county during the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“Sunday will be slightly cooler as the temperature drops back down to 29 to 31C and we may see some thunderstorms in the evening as a result on the heat building up for those few days.”
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am