Wind speeds of up to 50mph set to hit Suffolk this week
- Credit: PA
Wind speeds are set to pick up again this week - with a yellow weather warning in place in Suffolk over two days.
Forecasters are predicting Suffolk will have a mild day today, expected to be dry and bright.
However, wind speeds are set to pick up again on Tuesday and reach up to 50mph - the threshold at which Highways England considers closing the Orwell Bridge in Ipswich.
Rain is also expected on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, with Wednesday expected to be dry.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for wind in south-east of England for Tuesday and Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
Zoe Johnson, meteorologist at Weatherquest, said: “Although the odd showers on Monday are possible, we should have a dry and bright afternoon with light wind.
“Tuesday will be a wetter day - it will be cloudy with outbreaks of rain, and will be another quite windy day.”
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash