Warning: Violent thunderstorms, lightning and heavy rain forecast for today
- Credit: Archant
Rain, thunderstorms and lightning are expected to hit Suffolk today, after flooding from the River Stour yesterday marked the start of a five day torrent.
A yellow weather warning is in place across the county from today until Monday, August 17, with rain, lightning, hail and thunder all predicted.
The Met Office have advised that heavy showers and thunderstorms may lead to some flooding or travel disruption.
Weatherquest meteorologist Fred Best has said that temperatures will finally feel a little cooler today, though it will still be fairly humid.
“It’s starting out quite cloudy this morning,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“We should see some heavy showers and there is a risk of this throughout the day with perhaps some thunder.
“It will feel much cooler than recent days though the humidity is still high at this stage.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 5 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 6 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 7 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
“We may see some sunshine break through later on this afternoon but there is still a chance we could have lightning.
“It is very hit and miss but we are certainly seeing some highly active areas, especially around the east coast such as Lowestoft.”
• Send us your pictures and videos of the storms today by email