East Bergholt WI celebrates centenary year
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk WI branch has celebrated 100 years in the community.
Members of the East Bergholt WI came together at Hintlesham Golf Club to celebrate their 100th birthday.
The group was started back in 1918 by women from the village.
Members and their invited guests were able to reminisce and raised a glass to starting the next chapter in their history.
Current president June Firmin said that the WI in East Bergholt “is as strong and active now as it was then”.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the centenary lunch a book is being written about the history of the institute which will capture its key milestones and events across its history.
A special planter has also been placed in the centre of the village.
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 8 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 9 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 10 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
New members are always welcome to meetings at the Constable Hall in East Bergholt on the second Wednesday of each month at 7.30 pm.