Sleet could fall over Suffolk but no more snow forecast this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Despite parts of Ipswich waking up to a minor snow flurry this morning there is little chance of any further snowfall this weekend.
Residents from the Ravenswood and Nacton road area of Ipswich reported seeing snow fall at around 7.40am. The flurry lasted a matter of minutes but didn’t lay.
Phil Garner, a weather forecaster for Weatherquest, is not expecting us to have a white weekend.
He said: “There might be the odd bit of sleet but nothing that will settle.”
Today in Suffolk we will experience northerly winds with the possibility of some showers with the highest chance of sleet and rain along the coast.
Temperatures will reach a high of 5C.
Mr Garner, added: “Overnight we will see the showers dry up and clear. We will wake up to a frosty morning tomorrow but overall it will be a sunnier and slightly warmer than today with a temperature of 6C.”
Earlier this week readers sent in their snowy snaps - take a look here.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 3 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 8 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 9 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 10 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week