Sleet could fall over Suffolk but no more snow forecast this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Despite parts of Ipswich waking up to a minor snow flurry this morning there is little chance of any further snowfall this weekend.
Residents from the Ravenswood and Nacton road area of Ipswich reported seeing snow fall at around 7.40am. The flurry lasted a matter of minutes but didn’t lay.
Phil Garner, a weather forecaster for Weatherquest, is not expecting us to have a white weekend.
He said: “There might be the odd bit of sleet but nothing that will settle.”
Today in Suffolk we will experience northerly winds with the possibility of some showers with the highest chance of sleet and rain along the coast.
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures will reach a high of 5C.
Mr Garner, added: “Overnight we will see the showers dry up and clear. We will wake up to a frosty morning tomorrow but overall it will be a sunnier and slightly warmer than today with a temperature of 6C.”
Earlier this week readers sent in their snowy snaps - take a look here.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 10 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game