Suffolk: Witness never saw Simon Warr touching boys, court told
- Credit: Archant
A witness in the trial of former teacher Simon Warr has told the court how he remembers children being told ‘remember to wash your private parts’ when showering.
Warr, of Hounslow, has denied three offences of committing an act of gross indecency towards a child between 1980 and 1983 and four offences of indecent assault between 1981 and 1993. The three alleged victims were all under 16 at the time of the offences.
But the witness, who was a pupil at St George’s School in Great Finborough where some of the offences are alleged to have taken place, also told Ipswich Crown Court today that he was never touched by Warr and never saw him touching other boys.
The court heard how Warr was one of a number of staff who would supervise the boys in the shower room near their dormitories.
However during cross examination the witness admitted Warr dealt mostly with the senior boys at the institution and not the junior school, of which he was part.
You may also want to watch:
He also said Warr did not supervise the junior boys showering after games lessons.
The witness said he also remembered Warr being in the headmaster’s study on one occasion when he was being punished, which involved him being hit with a bat on his bare bottom.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 10 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
However, he said Warr did not take part in administering the punishment.
The trial continues.