Suffolk: Woman injured in two car crash
A WOMAN was left trapped in her vehicle after a collision between two cars closed the A14.
Firefighters were called to the eastbound carriageway between the Wherstead and Nacton junctions at 11.50pm last night.
On arrival crews found a woman trapped in one of the vehicles.
A spokesman for the fire service said police had closed the eastbound carriageway, so that crews could access the vehicles.
However, while attempted to remove the roof of one of the vehicles, their efforts were hampered due to access onto the westbound carriageway.
You may also want to watch:
By 12.45am, the woman was released from her care and left in the care of the ambulance service.
Firefighters remained at the scene briefly to assist in clearing the scene.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: “We were called to the road traffic collision shortly after 11.45pm, where a car had gone into the barrier half a mile east from the Orwell Bridge.
“We conveyed one patient to Ipswich Hospital with unknown injuries.”