Felixstowe woman wins eco car in East of England Co-op’s 150th anniversary prize draw
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Felixstowe has been handed the keys to a brand new electric car after winning a competition marking the East of England Co-op’s 150th anniversary.
Linda Houseley received the keys to her new Toyota Yaris hybrid eco car from the Co-op’s chief executive Roger Grosvenor on Thursday, September 7.
Over the summer, the Co-op ran a big prize draw in celebration of its 150th birthday.
Handing out scratch cards to its customers, 200,000 prizes were up for grabs - including the new car.
Mrs Houseley said: “What an exciting week.
“To win a car is absolutely wonderful - especially as I have been thinking of changing my car for something more eco-friendly.”
“Christmas has come early in my house.”
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze near Suffolk recycling centre
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 3 Popular carnival's firework display cancelled
- 4 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 5 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their victory over MK Dons
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 8 Man suffers head injuries after being 'seriously' assaulted by 'several' men
- 9 'A really special effort' - McKenna's verdict on 3-0 win v MK Dons
- 10 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
Mr Grosvenor said: “The competition was a fantastic way for us to mark our special anniversary, and to thank our customers for their loyalty and support.”