Felixstowe woman wins eco car in East of England Co-op’s 150th anniversary prize draw
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Felixstowe has been handed the keys to a brand new electric car after winning a competition marking the East of England Co-op’s 150th anniversary.
Linda Houseley received the keys to her new Toyota Yaris hybrid eco car from the Co-op’s chief executive Roger Grosvenor on Thursday, September 7.
Over the summer, the Co-op ran a big prize draw in celebration of its 150th birthday.
Handing out scratch cards to its customers, 200,000 prizes were up for grabs - including the new car.
Mrs Houseley said: “What an exciting week.
You may also want to watch:
“To win a car is absolutely wonderful - especially as I have been thinking of changing my car for something more eco-friendly.”
“Christmas has come early in my house.”
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
Mr Grosvenor said: “The competition was a fantastic way for us to mark our special anniversary, and to thank our customers for their loyalty and support.”