Suffolk YMCA Easy Peasy Pods project wins national award
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk project from the YMCA Trinity group has won an award at the annual YMCA Youth Matters awards.
The Easy Peasy Pods scheme supports young parents living in YMCA accommodation, allowing them and their children to meet, socialise and play games with others.
The six-week block of sessions focus on a different children’s book, with activities inspired by the subject of the story.
In London this month, the scheme won best accommodation project at the YMCA Youth Matters awards in London.
Helen Moore, accommodation team leader and manager of the Easy Peasy Pods project said: “We’re delighted with the progress Easy Peasy Pods has made.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a lovely way for young families to meet each other, share experiences and learn to relax and play together. I’m very proud of our volunteers, staff and participants who have all worked so hard on the project.”
- 1 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 8 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 9 Teacher denies sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich