Suffolk: Your reactions to the HMV collapse
- Credit: Archant
AFTER news of HMV calling in the administrators today we asked for your reactions.
You responded on social media sites Facebook and Twitter and here are your reactions.
On Twitter GlassBox Media told us: “A difficult one. Is it the rise of online shopping or iTunes. It’s sad to see close but are we to fault with shopping online?”
Dave Love told us: “#HMV collapse predictable - shops can’t compete with online sales & downloads. HMV online is often more expensive than competitors.”
Dom Castle asked “Maybe an opportunity for the niche independents to get a toe-hold back in the High Street?”
On Facebook Tony Strowger jewellers said: “So so sad. It is tough out there.”
Steffan Janzen told us: “Jesus christ HMV, COMET, COOP, CLINTON CARDS gone in ipswich town centre and many small businesses like me too are almost finished.”
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 3 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 4 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 5 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 6 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 7 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
Sharon Hawes said: “Bury is looking bare already :-((((”
FolkEast Ltd added: “Such a shame. Lovely to browse in a shop! We must try to keep using our local shops etc. Once they’re gone, they’re gone :(”
There are HMV stores in Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds and Colchester. Tell us how you feel about this news in the comments below.