Middy marks the end of its summer season with beer and steam festival
- Credit: Archant
The Mid Suffolk Light Railway will be bringing the curtain down on its main 2018 season with a special rail gala and beer festival at the weekend.
Three locomotives will be in steam at the railway based at Wetheringsett – and there will also be steam road vehicles on show and a plough exhibition on a nearby field.
The Ipswich Model Engineering Society will be display some of their items – and 18 local ales will be on tap during the festival.
Among the visiting road engines will be a road roller, a Garrett Tractor made in Leiston and a Showman’s Engine which will be providing the electricity for the bar.
After this weekend’s event there are no public steam days on the railway until the Santa Specials on the first three weekends in December.
You may also want to watch:
That will allow volunteers to carry out autumn maintenance and allow contractors to start work on building the railway’s new extension to Aspall Halt.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's