Felixstowe nursing home’s summer fete raises hundreds for residents’ fund
- Credit: Archant
Mill Lane Nursing Home in Felixstowe has raised more than £700 for its residents’ fund by hosting a traditional summer fete.
Deputy mayor Tracey Green joined the festivities along with residents, staff, friends, family and the neighbouring community.
Home manager John Savage said thanked everyone for their support.
He said: “We couldn’t have asked for better weather – the sun was shining all afternoon and we were delighted to welcome so many people into our home and gardens for our truly traditional fete.
“We would like to thank Councillor Tracey Green for taking the time to attend, it was lovely for her to take the time to meet our residents and take part in our event.
You may also want to watch:
“With the tremendous support and generosity of our friends and neighbours, we have managed to raise a total of £755 for our residents’ fund, which will go a long way to supporting their activities and social program.”
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 4 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 5 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 6 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 7 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 10 Rail services affected after person hit by train