Suffolk is set for a scorcher today - with temperatures as high as 30C
Sweltering temperatures are set to hit Suffolk today as forecasters say the mercury could hit 30C.
The heatwave doesn’t appear to be taking its foot of the pedal despite a slight risk of showers this afternoon.
Chris Bell, forecaster at Weatherquest, said: “We are heading towards temperatures of 28C to 29C across central and western parts of the county.
“I wouldn’t even rule out a 30C marker but in general it will be in the upper 20s.
“There is a tiny risk of showers this afternoon, a 10 or 20% risk of showers around 1pm and 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
“But the majority of the day across the country will be dry, sunny and hot.
“There is a small chance of thunderstorms happening down on the south coast in Sussex and Kent but we don’t expect it to reach this far north.”
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 9 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints