Weather: Suffolk and Essex to bask in sunshine today with highs of 21C
- Credit: Archant
Sunshine is due to break through the clouds in East Anglia today – with top temperatures peaking at an estimated 21C.
According to Weatherquest forecasters, a cloudy and misty start to the day will soon clear – despite a few spots of drizzle in places.
Cloud may linger along the coastline, affecting places such as Lowestoft and Southwold.
But inland, people in Suffolk and north Essex can expect to enjoy temperatures of up to 21C.
That’s hotter than the Canary Islands off the coast of Africa, where temperatures are expected to climb to just 16C today.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere in the south east, in counties such as Kent, the mercury could creep up to 24C.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 8 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 9 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 10 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire