Coldest night since Beast from the East as massive frost hits region
- Credit: citizenside.com
There’s a chill in the air this Sunday morning after the coldest night of the winter so far.
Temperatures across the county took a dip last night with temperatures at Santon Downham, near Thetford, dropping to around -6.6C.
Dan Holley, meterologist at Weatherquest said: “It’s the coldest night of the winter so far, with Santon Downham reaching -6.6C (so far, still another couple of hours to potentially fall lower).
“Woburn and Houghton Hall both down to -5.6C.
“This also makes it the coldest night in the region since ‘The Beast from the East’”
You may also want to watch:
Sunday is set to stay cool but dry with forecasters predicting sunny spells for much of the day.
Temperatures will reach maximum of 4C.
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 8 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 9 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 10 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
Overnight the skies will continue to stay clear meaning temperatures will drop to around -2C.
Monday will be generally cloudier with a chance of some mist and fog.