Coldest night since Beast from the East as massive frost hits region
- Credit: citizenside.com
There’s a chill in the air this Sunday morning after the coldest night of the winter so far.
Temperatures across the county took a dip last night with temperatures at Santon Downham, near Thetford, dropping to around -6.6C.
Dan Holley, meterologist at Weatherquest said: “It’s the coldest night of the winter so far, with Santon Downham reaching -6.6C (so far, still another couple of hours to potentially fall lower).
“Woburn and Houghton Hall both down to -5.6C.
“This also makes it the coldest night in the region since ‘The Beast from the East’”
Sunday is set to stay cool but dry with forecasters predicting sunny spells for much of the day.
Temperatures will reach maximum of 4C.
- 1 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 2 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 3 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 4 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 8 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
- 9 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 10 Soldiers tested in drugs probe at Suffolk airbase
Overnight the skies will continue to stay clear meaning temperatures will drop to around -2C.
Monday will be generally cloudier with a chance of some mist and fog.