Clacton ranked in ‘best places to live by the sea’ by The Sunday Times
- Credit: PAVEL KRICKA
It’s a seaside resort that draws in tens of thousands of people every summer – with its flagship beaches and iconic pier, Clacton has long been a magnet for tourists far and wide.
Now it has appeared in a list of Britain’s best places to live by the sea – and picked as a top spot to make a year-round home.
The Sunday Times included Clacton in a line-up of the title’s favourite coastal communities to enjoy all year round this weekend, praising its sandy beaches and no-fuss fish and chips.
“If you want bright sunshine with a bit of edge, why not go the whole hog, bag a deckchair and watch gentrification in action,” the newspaper wrote.
Lower than average property values were highlighted – “you can snap up a starter flat for less than £100,000” – while Clacton’s links to Colchester and its top-performing schools were also mentioned.
You may also want to watch:
Tendring council leader Neil Stock said: “I am delighted. Clacton has got its challenges, as all seaside resorts have.
“It’s a great place to call home, it’s not far from London and you can easily commute.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 9 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
He added: “Clacton is a glorious place to live and I’m glad it’s finally being recognised.”