Sea of Sunflowers at St Elizabeth Hospice as hundreds gather to remember loved ones
- Credit: Archant
St Elizabeth Hospice was a sea of sunflowers on Sunday as hundreds gathered to celebrate the lives of lost loved ones.
Almost 300 people attended the hospice’s annual summer remembrance, Sunflower Memories, with each wearing a sunflower emblem in memory of someone special.
The hospice garden was decorated with hundreds of sunflowers, presented in sunny yellow wheelbarrows for guests to look around.
Rachel Slattery, hospice fundraiser, said: “Sunflower Memories is one of my favourite events and today has been really special.
“It’s so lovely so see people come together to share their memories of loved ones no longer with us and it’s a real pleasure to be able to offer them this opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
“Our supporters each donated to the hospice in order to dedicate a sunflower and the vital funds we’ve raised through Sunflower Memories will be used by the hospice to care for those in our community living with a progressive or terminal illness.
“Many of our supporters
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 4 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 8 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
The sunflowers will remain on display in the garden until Sunday, September 2 - just turn up to the hospice reception and ask to see them.
THe flowers will be available for collection from Tuesday, September 4, where they can be taken away and placed somewhere special.