Sunny spell will be short-lived, say experts
SUFFOLK is due for a second bout of glorious sunshine tomorrow - but forecasters predict a rapid drop in temperature going into the weekend.
The county was blessed with dry conditions and sunny spells today, with above average temperatures making for a decidedly balmy afternoon.
Tomorrow could be even warmer, with gauges tipping 23C - the average for this time of year being 19C.
But the outlook for Friday and the weekend is less rosy, with rain clouds developing as early as tomorrow evening.
It will feel cool and wet thanks to a brisk northerly wind, which is likely to pick up going into the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone hoping for a belated spell of summery weather will be disappointed for the foreseeable future, as Weatherquest forcaster Chris Bell explained: “It will get a lot cloudier and there will be every chance of rain, behind which will follow a rush of northerly air.
“Most of the rain will clear on Friday and the weekend will be dry but fresh and autumnal.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
“It’s typical for this time of year, with our part of the UK becoming a battleground between two airflows.”