In pictures: Stunning sunset captured in aftermath of Storm Dennis
- Credit: JOHN FITCH
People of Suffolk had their eyes on the skies last night as a stunning sunset brightened up the streets following a day of heavy downpour.
Beautiful pictures have surfaced on social media of Sunday night's sunset - showing popping pinks and electric oranges - a stark contrast to the skies earlier that day.
The sunset was snapped over Sudbury, Great Cornard, Southwold, Felixstowe and Colchester - with many people mesmerised by mother nature.
Moira Chapman posted a picture of a bright pink sky over Felixstowe, with the caption "a few sunset pics to brighten the day after a rainy cloudy Sunday".
While John Fitch in Great Cornard said it looked like the "sky was on fire" and "no filters were needed".
You may also want to watch:
The sunset came after a day of destructive weather brought by Storm Dennis - which saw strong winds close the Orwell Bridge for more than 18 hours.
Above are some of our favourite sunset shots.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door