Sunshine boosts Sole Bay Festival
THE second day of the Sole Bay Festival at Southwold again saw fine weather attract large crowds to the north Suffolk seaside town.Classic craft of all types are visiting the town as part of the rally organised by the East Coast Old Gaffers Association and Harbour Marine Services of Southwold.
THE second day of the Sole Bay Festival at Southwold again saw fine weather attract large crowds to the north Suffolk seaside town.
Classic craft of all types are visiting the town as part of the rally organised by the East Coast Old Gaffers Association and Harbour Marine Services of Southwold.
The event is also being supported by the East Anglian Daily Times.
A highlight for those watching, as well as those taking part, was the annual Sole Bay Race when these magnificent boats were put through their paces only a few hundred yards from the shore.
You may also want to watch:
"The whole idea of the race is that people on Southwold Promenade get to see the craft under sail," said a rally spokesman.
The first two days have seen excellent sailing conditions and today
- 1 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 2 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 10 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
the classic fleet sets sail for Lowestoft where they can be viewed at the town's South Pier Marina.
The rally ends tomorrow and there is a full day of entertainment planned around the Harbour Inn at Southwold followed by a fireworks extravaganza in the evening.