Sunshine boosts Sole Bay Festival
THE second day of the Sole Bay Festival at Southwold again saw fine weather attract large crowds to the north Suffolk seaside town.Classic craft of all types are visiting the town as part of the rally organised by the East Coast Old Gaffers Association and Harbour Marine Services of Southwold.
THE second day of the Sole Bay Festival at Southwold again saw fine weather attract large crowds to the north Suffolk seaside town.
Classic craft of all types are visiting the town as part of the rally organised by the East Coast Old Gaffers Association and Harbour Marine Services of Southwold.
The event is also being supported by the East Anglian Daily Times.
A highlight for those watching, as well as those taking part, was the annual Sole Bay Race when these magnificent boats were put through their paces only a few hundred yards from the shore.
"The whole idea of the race is that people on Southwold Promenade get to see the craft under sail," said a rally spokesman.
The first two days have seen excellent sailing conditions and today
- 1 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 2 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 3 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 5 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 6 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 7 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 8 Hot ticket for what could be a big night... AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich
- 9 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
- 10 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
the classic fleet sets sail for Lowestoft where they can be viewed at the town's South Pier Marina.
The rally ends tomorrow and there is a full day of entertainment planned around the Harbour Inn at Southwold followed by a fireworks extravaganza in the evening.