Super heroes invade Colchester for fundraising event
More than 180 super heroes and characters took over Colchester town centre at the weekend to raise money for two charities.
The Invasion Colchester event was back for its seventh year, raising funds for St Helena Hospice and the Colchester Hospitals Charity (CoHoC).
Cars from TV and film were also on show at the event, including the Batmobile from Tim Burton’s Batman movie, Bumblebee and Barricade from Transformers and a JP20 Jeep from Jurassic Park.
There was also the chance to sign up for the St Helena Hospice’s Comic Hero Run, which takes place on March 18 next year.
The invasion event is organised by Simon Leonard and Kerrie Williams.
Kerrie said: “It was absolutely amazing. It surpassed all our expectations. We had more than 180 costume characters and 20 show cars.
“It’s just such a fun, family-friendly day. We haven’t counted all the money yet but I think we will have smashed last year’s fundraising total.”
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident