Super7even dates announced
DATES and venues for six of the Super 7even series of events have been announced by the British Speedway Promoters' Association.And three of the meetings stay at the track where they were staged last season.
DATES and venues for six of the Super 7even series of events have been announced by the British Speedway Promoters' Association.
And three of the meetings stay at the track where they were staged last season. Lakeside, Somerset and Sheffield retain the British Under 21 Final, Premier League Pairs and Premier League Riders' Championship respectively. Coventry, who staged the ELRC last term, also stage the new Elite Riders' Championship.
Wolverhampton have taken the British Final back to Monmore Green on Monday, June 14 - and the Premier League Fours Championship will be at Peterborough on August 15.
Ipswich have been rewarded for their ambitious plans with track reshaping at Foxhall Stadium by securing the Elite League Pairs Championship on September 4.
You may also want to watch:
The only date to be finalised is the revamped ERC and is open to riders not currently racing in Britain. That means invites are sure to be sent to the likes of Jason Crump, Nicki Pedersen, Greg Hancock, Tomasz Gollob, Andreas Jonsson and Emil Sajfutdinov.
BSPA Chairman Alex Harkess said: "We've held back on formally announcing the complete list of Super 7even events because there were some clashes.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 6 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 7 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 8 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
"We're almost there now and I'm sure fans throughout the country are once again in for a treat following the success of last year's series.
"We looked long and hard at the venues which obviously work for certain events and the Premier League Pairs once again falls at Somerset on the night before the British Grand Prix at Cardiff.
"And in Ipswich, Peterborough and Wolverhampton we have venues which I'm sure will prove to be big successes with their particular events. I'm looking forward to it."
SUPER 7EVEN 2010 DETAILS:
BRITISH UNDER 21 FINAL: Lakeside, Friday April 16.
BRITISH FINAL: Wolverhampton, Monday June 14.
PREMIER LEAGUE PAIRS: Somerset, Friday July 9.
PREMIER LEAGUE FOURS: Peterborough, Sunday August 15.
ELITE LEAGUE PAIRS: Ipswich, Saturday September 4.
PREMIER LEAGUE RIDERS' CHAMPIONSHIP: Sheffield, Sunday September 26.
ELITE RIDERS' CHAMPIONSHIP: Coventry, Date TBC.