Support growing for playful pup Harvey
AN APPEAL to raise money for a poorly puppy has resulted in East Anglian Daily Times readers digging deep – but more help is needed.
Playful chocolate Labrador Harvey suffers from hip dysplasia – meaning that his rear legs are lacking in muscle.
To improve Harvey’s condition, he now desperately requires two hip operations costing about �1,500 per hip.
After the EADT reported the puppy’s condition earlier this week, donations and messages of support have flooded into the RSPCA Suffolk East and Ipswich Branch, in Martlesham Heath, near Ipswich.
Harvey, who is just eight months old, was taken into the rescue centre at the beginning of June after his owners became unable to cope with his mischievous and boisterous nature.
You may also want to watch:
On arriving at the centre, Harvey’s condition became apparent as he couldn’t walk in a straight line.
Kieron Adams, branch manager, said: “It’s great so many people are supporting Harvey and interested in getting him fit and well.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
“He is such a lovely and playful dog – with an amazing character. One person even donated �100, which is incredible.”
To donate money for the operations or to apply to be his foster or adopting family contact the RSPCA Suffolk East and Ipswich branch on 01473 623280. Alternatively send your name, address and a cheque to the Martlesham Heath branch and a gift aid form will be sent to you. Mark all donations as Help Harvey.