Revealed: How much do Suffolk men spend on engagement rings?
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
A survey has revealed men in the East of England are generous when it comes to spending money on engagement rings.
Jewellery retailer, William May, conducted the survey and found on average men in the region are prepared to spend £1,696.43 on a ring. This is £53.57 more than their partners would expect.
The map above shows how much men from each part of the UK spend on engagement rings compared to the expectations of their partners.
The study also found over half of women in Britain would prefer to choose their own ring, rather than give the responsibility to their other half.
This seems to suit British men fine with 63.3% of them admitting that when they purchased an engagement ring they were simply buying the one their partner had told them to get.
You may also want to watch:
20% of British men also revealed that they picked the first ring they saw.
Share your thoughts by taking part in our poll.
- 1 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 2 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 5 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 6 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 10 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star