Suspect held after dangerous driving is reported on A14
- Credit: Archant
A suspected drug driver is on police bail today after a car was seen weaving around on the A14 between Bury St Edmunds and Stowmarket.
The 42-year-old suspect has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and driving while unfit through drugs.
Police received calls from other motorists who reported seeing a black Audi mount the grass verge and drive erratically.
The location given was the dual carriageway at Woolpit.
The vehicle involved was eventually found damaged and abandoned in Old Norwich Road, Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
A man from Ipswich was subsequently detained in Henley Road.
The first report police received in relation to the incident was at around 7.20am on Friday.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 4 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 8 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 9 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview
- 10 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said the suspect was taken to Martlesham police investigation centre following his arrest. After being questioned by officers he was released on bail.
The 42-year-old must return to the Martlesham investigation centre in November 5.