Suspected fraudster Alan Smith from Boxted, Suffolk, to appear on BBC Crimewatch
- Credit: Archant
A Boxted man wanted in connection with hundreds of thousands of pounds of fraud against 20 victims will appear tonight on Crimewatch.
The 56-year-old, who used the alias Alan Mitchell, failed to answer police bail last year and, despite extensive enquiries by officers, he has not been located.
It is thought he may have changed his name and could now be anywhere in the country, with possible sightings in Manchester and London.
Smith is described as white, around 5ft 8ins – 5ft 9ins tall, of medium to stocky build, with a bald head.
He was publicised as wanted by Suffolk Police in February 2015.
His photograph, and alias Alan Mitchell, will be featured on the BBC programme in a bid to track him down.
It is hoped the additional publicity may lead to new information that may help locate him.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 2 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 3 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 4 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 5 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 6 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 7 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's Carabao Cup exit
- 8 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 9 Farmer 'heartbroken' as land sees fourth fire in 10 days
- 10 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
Anyone who knows where he is should not approach him but should call police immediately by dialling 101.
Any information should be passed to DC Sarah Elliott at Suffolk Police, quoting reference SU/14/124.
Information can also be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if required.