Suspected fraudster Alan Smith from Boxted, Suffolk, to appear on BBC Crimewatch
- Credit: Archant
A Boxted man wanted in connection with hundreds of thousands of pounds of fraud against 20 victims will appear tonight on Crimewatch.
The 56-year-old, who used the alias Alan Mitchell, failed to answer police bail last year and, despite extensive enquiries by officers, he has not been located.
It is thought he may have changed his name and could now be anywhere in the country, with possible sightings in Manchester and London.
Smith is described as white, around 5ft 8ins – 5ft 9ins tall, of medium to stocky build, with a bald head.
He was publicised as wanted by Suffolk Police in February 2015.
You may also want to watch:
His photograph, and alias Alan Mitchell, will be featured on the BBC programme in a bid to track him down.
It is hoped the additional publicity may lead to new information that may help locate him.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 7 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
Anyone who knows where he is should not approach him but should call police immediately by dialling 101.
Any information should be passed to DC Sarah Elliott at Suffolk Police, quoting reference SU/14/124.
Information can also be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if required.