Suspended sentence for man caught with ‘distressing’ indecent movies of children
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk man who downloaded child porn movies has been given a suspended prison sentence.
Before Ipswich Crown Court on Wednesday January 16 was Ben Reeves, 46, of Sussex Road, Lowestoft, who admitted three offences of making indecent images of children last year.
He was given an eight month prison sentence suspended for 18 months and ordered to take part in a 50 day rehabilitation activity programme.
He was also ordered to pay £530 costs and was made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order for ten years.
Reeves was also ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register for the same period.
You may also want to watch:
Sentencing him Judge David Pugh said there were signs of distress shown by some of the children in the movies and some of them involved young children.
The court heard that 53 movies and two still images in the most serious level A category were found on Reeves’ computer equipment as well as seven category B movies and one movie in the lowest level C category.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 3 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 6 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
Steven Dyble for Reeves said the offences were out of character and there was nothing in his client’s past to indicate he had a propensity to act in the way he did.