Stanway man admits attempted burglary
- Credit: Archant
Two men who tried to burgle a house in Dedham were arrested after the homeowner received a notification that CCTV cameras had been triggered at the premises while he was at work, a court has heard.
The footage showed the would-be burglars trying to open a rear patio door and then climb on a flat roof, Ipswich Crown Court was told.
Before the court was Thomas Guy, 32, of Weyland Drive, Stanway, Colchester, who pleaded guilty to attempted burglary at a house in Long Road East, Dedham, on January 3 this year.
He was given a 14 month prison sentence suspended for two years, a one month curfew, a Thinking Skills programme and a 20 day rehabilitation requirement. He was also ordered to pay £750 costs.
Michael Crimp, prosecuting, said Guy’s accomplice had also admitted attempted burglary and had been sentenced to a suspended prison sentence by a judge at Chelmsford Crown Court..
You may also want to watch:
Guy, who represented himself in court, said he was under the influence of drink and drugs at the time of the offence.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 10 Plans for new 'ambitious' housing development moves forward