Suspicious fire at empty home
INVESTIGATIONS are underway tonight after a suspicious fire broke out in a house in Bramford.
The blaze took hold of parts of the first and third floors of the building in Fitzgerald Road at around 11.10pm.
Two crews from Princes Street fire station tackled the fire using breathing equipment and a thermal camera bringing the incident under control by 11.45pm.
The building was empty at the time of the fire.
A spokeswoman for the fire brigade confirmed the fire is being treated as suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
She said at this stage it is not clear what caused the fire.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases