Sutton: Electricity meter goes up in flames

FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a blaze which broke out in a gas meter near Woodbridge today.

The fire brigade were called to Peasanhall Close in Sutton at 12.45pm.

A crew from Woodbridge fire station discovered the fire in the electricity box.

The security on site contacted the supplier and the fire service, having tackled the flames, inspected the meter.

The incident was under control by 1.11pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus