Sutton: Missing miniature ponies found
A FAMILY has spoken of its relief after their two missing miniature horses were found.
Sarah Carless’s daughters Sophie, 11, and Tabby, 14, awoke on Tuesday to find Teddy and Lulu had disappeared from their stable at the family’s home off Churchfield Road in Stutton.
Ms Carless, who also lives with partner Simon Frost, said: “My children were just heartbroken. We all were.
“We feared they had been stolen but finding them has restored my faith in human nature.”
The eight-month-old tiny pair, worth around �4,500, were found near to Alton Water reservoir roaming around in woodland.
Ms Carless added: “I could have absolutely snogged the bloke that rang me.
“We went belting down there in the car. The man was holding one of them by its coat and the other one was standing nearby.
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 4 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 5 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 6 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 9 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
“They were both very hungry and in one piece thankfully.
“It was very foggy on Monday night when we put them to be bed at around 9pm and it was still foggy when we got up on Tuesday morning.
“We couldn’t see them in the garden so Sophie went out and found the gate was open and the ponies had gone.
“We’d spent the last two days searching for them and putting up posters around the local area.
“Thanks to everyone pulling together they were found and we’re just really grateful.”