Sutton: Missing miniature ponies found
A FAMILY has spoken of its relief after their two missing miniature horses were found.
Sarah Carless’s daughters Sophie, 11, and Tabby, 14, awoke on Tuesday to find Teddy and Lulu had disappeared from their stable at the family’s home off Churchfield Road in Stutton.
Ms Carless, who also lives with partner Simon Frost, said: “My children were just heartbroken. We all were.
“We feared they had been stolen but finding them has restored my faith in human nature.”
The eight-month-old tiny pair, worth around �4,500, were found near to Alton Water reservoir roaming around in woodland.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Carless added: “I could have absolutely snogged the bloke that rang me.
“We went belting down there in the car. The man was holding one of them by its coat and the other one was standing nearby.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Busy high street taped off by police
- 4 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 7 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 10 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
“They were both very hungry and in one piece thankfully.
“It was very foggy on Monday night when we put them to be bed at around 9pm and it was still foggy when we got up on Tuesday morning.
“We couldn’t see them in the garden so Sophie went out and found the gate was open and the ponies had gone.
“We’d spent the last two days searching for them and putting up posters around the local area.
“Thanks to everyone pulling together they were found and we’re just really grateful.”