Swaffham: Man barricades himself inside property
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
POLICE negotiators are at a Norfolk property where a “hostile” man had barricaded himself inside.
Officers were initially called to Blake Court, off the Brandon Road in Swaffham, at about 7.20pm following reports of a suspected theft.
But after entering the property to make an arrest, police were forced to withdraw after a 24-year-old man became hostile.
The man then barricaded himself inside and extra officers and police negotiators were called.
At 10.30pm, the incident remained ongoing but a Norfolk Police spokesman said: “No one else is believed to be inside the property and there is no current threat to the public.”
You may also want to watch:
The road has been cordoned off “in the interests of safety”.
A fire crew from Swaffham and the ambulance service were also called to the scene to assist officers.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn