Sweffling: White Horse pub needs your help to create a new swing sign - do you have a winning design?
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A recently re-opened village pub is looking for a budding artist to help design its new swing sign.
The Sweffling White Horse was closed for more than eight years until the current owners Mark Sealey and Marie Smith renovated it, giving the inn a more traditional feel.
But one vital piece is still missing – its swing sign. A competition has now been launched to give people a say in the design of the sign.
Marie said: “Pub swing signs have hung outside pubs for centuries – they usually depict the pub’s name and may reflect a tradition or folklore. They should be warm and welcoming, an enticing promise of a ‘real’ pub within.”
The couple will be judging the entries with a little help from their regulars.
You may also want to watch:
People are asked to create their design on A4 paper and take in a sealed envelope to the Sweffling White Horse and fill in an application form. Deadline is April 30.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 7 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 10 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook