Man charged with murder after death of man in pub
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man has been charged with murder after a man died in a pub in Braintree.
Lawrence Bourke, 23, of Lister Road, Braintree, is due to appear via video link at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, May 19.
It follows the death of a man at The Swiss Bell pub, in Mountbatten Road, on Sunday.
Essex Police have now named the man who died as Scott Gilhooly, aged 44, from Braintree.
A post mortem examination was carried out on Mr Gilhooly on Monday, which found he died as a result of stab wounds to the chest and neck.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “We are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding Mr Gilhooly’s death and anyone who has information that could assist with our enquiries is asked to call the North Major Crime Team on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.”
Officers have also been carrying out patrols in the area and anyone with information is also urged to speak to them.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 8 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 9 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 10 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
Alternatively, contact the Crimestoppers charity 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org